Nommon is a research-intensive technology company that provides information, quantitative analysis and decision support tools for the transportation market and other sectors where geospatial information plays a key role. Nommon’s commercial operations are organised into four business units:
- Mobility Analytics, which analyses anonymised geolocation data from mobile devices to provide actionable information on people’s activity and mobility patterns.
- Transport & Mobility, which specialises in data-driven transport modelling and simulation.
- Aviation, which provides products and services for the planning and management of airports, airlines and air traffic management systems.
- Analytics Accelerator, which explores and develops opportunities in other verticals such as smart cities & urban planning, retail & geomarketing, and energy & environment.
As part of our expansion plans for 2021, we are looking for a Data Visualisation Engineer (0-10 years’ experience) to join our Technologies and Software Engineering department in Madrid.
You will work alongside an international, multidisciplinary team of talented researchers, product engineers, developers and consultants to develop innovative data visualisations for representing key metrics, trends and insights. Responsibilities include:
- Design and implement interactive web applications for data visualisation.
- Main technologies: Dash, Plotly, D3.js, Angular.
- Quickly and effectively prototype data visualisation ideas using graphic or UI design tools.
- Main technologies: Gimp, Inkscape, Pencil.
- Explore new technologies and novel approaches to continuously improve our data visualisation know-how.
- Contribute to the definition of innovative products, services and business models.
Qualifications and skills
- MSc/PhD in a relevant scientific field, such as Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or Geography.
- Solid UI and UX skills, with experience building attractive and usable web interfaces for interactive data representations.
- Excellent English and Spanish oral and written communication skills.
Nice to have, but not indispensable
- Experience/knowledge in front-end development technologies: Angular, Vue.js, React.
- Experience/knowledge in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Java, C/C++.
- Experience/knowledge in software engineering processes, procedures, methodologies and tools.
Salary and benefits
- Annual salary: 30.000 – 50.000 €.
- Long term and stable position.
- Regular performance and salary reviews.
- Nice, well-located office in the centre of Madrid.
- Flexible working hours and possibility for occasional home-office.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your CV and a copy of your academic transcript along with a covering letter in a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Job Application 2020-14 Data Visualisation Engineer’.
We always reach out to all applicants, so wait for our call or e-mail over the next few days after your application is submitted.