Nommon is a research-intensive technology company that provides information, quantitative analysis and decision support tools for the transportation market and other sectors where geospatial information plays a key role. Nommon’s commercial operations are organised into four business units:
- Mobility Analytics, which analyses anonymised geolocation data from mobile devices to provide actionable information on people’s activity and mobility patterns.
- Transport & Mobility, which specialises in data-driven transport modelling and simulation.
- Aviation, which provides products and services for the planning and management of airports, airlines and air traffic management systems.
- Analytics Accelerator, which explores and develops opportunities in other verticals such as smart cities & urban planning, retail & geomarketing, and energy & environment.
As part of our expansion plans for 2021, we are looking for a DevOps Engineer (0-10 years’ experience) to join our Technologies and Software Engineering department in Madrid.
You will work alongside an international, multidisciplinary team of talented researchers, product engineers, developers and consultants to develop and deploy innovative data analysis software. Responsibilities include:
- Cooperate with Nommon’s business units to create reliable and scalable solutions, automate new workflows and integrate them into the organisation’s infrastructure.
Main technologies: Docker, shell scripting and RESTful microservices.
- Collaborate in the monitoring, management and maintenance of our computing, storage and network infrastructure.
Main technologies: AWS, Ansible, UNIX, Pfsense, monitoring and benchmarking tools.
- Contribute to all stages of the software life-cycle: requirements management, design, coding, testing, deployment and maintenance.
Main technologies: software design patterns, UML, Visual Paradigm, Eclipse, SVN and Jenkins.
- Contribute to the definition of innovative products, services and business models.
Qualifications and skills
- MSc in Computer Science, or any other relevant engineering field.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Java, C/C++.
- Solid knowledge of UNIX and Windows administration and shell scripting.
- Understanding of modern web architectures, distributed systems, data processing and storage solutions.
- Excellent English and Spanish oral and written communication skills.
Nice to have, but not indispensable
- Experience/knowledge in the design, implementation and optimisation of data processing solutions using Spark or Hadoop.
- Experience/knowledge in setting up and maintaining cloud computing environments.
- Experience/knowledge in software engineering processes, procedures, methodologies and tools.
- Experience/knowledge in continuous integration and configuration management tools.
Salary and benefits
- Annual salary: 30.000 – 50.000 €.
- Long term and stable position.
- Regular performance and salary reviews.
- Nice, well-located office in the centre of Madrid.
- Flexible working hours and possibility for occasional home-office.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your CV and a copy of your academic transcript along with a covering letter in a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Job Application 2020-13 DevOps Engineer’.
We always reach out to all applicants, so wait for our call or e-mail over the next few days after your application is submitted.