Nommon is a research-intensive technology company that provides information, quantitative analysis and decision support tools for the transportation market and other sectors where geospatial information plays a key role. Nommon’s commercial operations are organised into four business units:
- Mobility Analytics, which analyses anonymised geolocation data from mobile devices to provide actionable information on people’s activity and mobility patterns.
- Transport & Mobility, which specialises in data-driven transport modelling and simulation.
- Aviation, which provides products and services for the planning and management of airports, airlines and air traffic management systems.
- Analytics Accelerator, which explores and develops opportunities in other verticals such as smart cities & urban planning, retail & geomarketing, and energy & environment.
Urban air mobility is an industry term used to describe highly automated, passenger or cargo-carrying air transportation services within and around a metropolitan environment, provided by different sorts of autonomous, electric Vertical Take-off/Landing (eVTOL) vehicles. Nommon’s expertise in urban modelling, transport planning and air traffic management has led to a natural interest in the market opportunities opened up by this emerging field. As part of our strategy in this area, we are looking for a Researcher (0-5 years of experience) to join our R&D Department and lead Nommon’s research activities in the field of urban air mobility.
You will work alongside an international, multidisciplinary team of talented researchers, product engineers, developers and consultants to develop innovative simulation and decision support tools for the urban air mobility market. Responsibilities include:
- Investigate the future role of unmanned flying vehicles in urban and metropolitan mobility.
- Develop new approaches for the safe and efficient operation of drones in urban environments.
- Evaluate new operational concepts through large-scale traffic simulations.
- Support Nommon’s Aviation business unit in the definition and development of new products and services.
- Produce research papers and present Nommon’s research work at scientific conferences and internal seminars.
Qualifications and skills
- MSc/PhD in Aerospace Engineering, or any other relevant engineering field.
- Outstanding academic record.
- Good knowledge of air traffic management and flight operations.
- Strong mathematical and statistical background.
- Strong algorithmic, programming and computational problem solving skills.
- Excellent English and Spanish oral and written communication skills.
Nice to have, but not indispensable
- Experience/knowledge in UTM and U-Space services.
- Experience/knowledge in statistical analysis and machine learning.
- Experience/knowledge in development and/or use of computational simulation tools.
- Experience/knowledge in programming in Python, C/C++, Matlab, R or Java.
Salary and benefits
- Annual salary: 32.000 – 48.000 €.
- Long term and stable position.
- Regular performance and salary reviews.
- Nice, well-located office in the centre of Madrid.
- Flexible working hours and possibility for occasional home-office.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your CV and a copy of your academic transcript along with a covering letter in a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Job Application 2020-11 Researcher – Urban Air Mobility’.
We always reach out to all applicants, so wait for our call or e-mail over the next few days after your application is submitted.