Nommon is a research-intensive technology company that provides information, quantitative analysis and decision support tools for the transportation market and other sectors where geospatial information plays a key role. Nommon’s products are based on three main pillars: big data processing and spatio-temporal data analysis, application of predictive modelling and optimisation to decision making, and information visualisation and visual analytics.
As part of our expansion plans for 2023, we are looking for a Big Data Architect that drives the architecture and design of big data and analytics solutions and supervises their implementation.
You will lead a highly skilled technical team in charge of designing and building the core systems our solutions rely on. Responsibilities include:
- Define requirements and design applications according to client and project needs.
- Design big data architectures or single applications.
- Review and update existing architectures according to new requirements.
- Ensure high-quality standards and best practices.
- Oversee and support the implementation process.
- Communicate and cooperate with internal and external stakeholders at all points along the development process.
Qualifications and skills
- 4+ years experience with big data technologies and digital transformation.
- Excellent understanding of architectural concepts (e.g., The Open Group Architecture Framework, TOGAF), modelling languages (e.g., UMN, BPMN), and construction of system landscapes.
- Proficiency in Python, Java, and Scala.
- Advanced knowledge of big data and cloud technologies, including the Hadoop ecosystem, Apache Spark and Apache Kafka.
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Skills with RDBMS & NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge of security best practices.
- Experience in agile software development and familiarity with the role of Product Owner.
- Understanding of the full software life cycle, from requirements analysis to implementation.
- Ability to communicate at multiple levels: with developers, project management, and business executives.
- Excellent English and Spanish oral and written communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Akka and Spring Boot.
- Experience with Apache Storm and Apache Flink.
Salary and benefits
- Annual salary: 40.000 – 50.000 €.
- Integration into an international, multidisciplinary team of talented researchers, engineers, and developers.
- Long term and stable position.
- Regular performance and salary reviews.
- Nice, well-located office in the centre of Madrid.
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work remotely up to 2 days per week.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your CV and a copy of your academic transcript along with a covering letter in a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Job Application 2022-12 Big Data Architect’.
We always reach out to all applicants, so wait for our call or e-mail over the next few days after your application is submitted.