Chief Technology Officer
- Job ID: 2023-02
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Job Type: Full Time
Nommon is a research-intensive technology company that provides decision support solutions for the transportation market and other sectors where geospatial information plays a key role, such as smart cities & urban planning, retail & geomarketing, and energy & environment. Nommon’s solution portfolio includes two types of products:
- Data products: over the past decade, Nommon has been a pioneer in the application of big data and artificial intelligence to population behaviour analysis. We have developed a variety of cutting-edge solutions that mine and analyse anonymised geolocation data from mobile devices and blend them with other data provided by our clients or available from public databases to provide high-quality trip matrices, footfall indicators, and other actionable information on people’s activity and mobility patterns.
- Software products: in recent years, Nommon has extended its product portfolio with different SaaS solutions that combine mobility data, predictive models, optimisation techniques and advanced data visualisation tools to provide our clients with decision support systems that help them analyse alternative strategies and management actions in complex and uncertain environments.
Nommon is currently going through an exciting stage of fast growth and international expansion. In this context, we are looking for an experienced CTO to lead our Technologies and Software Engineering team.
You will work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial start-up environment, along with a talented, international, multidisciplinary team of researchers, product engineers and developers. Reporting directly to the CEO, responsibilities include:
- Designing and leading the implementation of our strategy for technology. This includes defining and maintaining Nommon’s Technology Roadmap and ensuring its alignment with the strategic goals of the company, as well as supporting the CEO in setting the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth.
- Working closely with Nommon’s Business Units and Business Development team to define and deliver new products and enhancements.
- Staying on top of technology trends and developments.
- Leading your team in identifying, comparing, selecting, and implementing technology solutions and partnerships.
- Planning and managing the growth of the Technologies and Software Engineering team, including the recruitment and mentoring of new staff.
- Ensuring that technology resources meet the company’s short and long-term needs and that they are used efficiently, profitably and securely.
- Leading and supervising the design, implementation and continuous improvement of software production processes and procedures, contributing to the development and maintenance of Nommon’s Quality Management System.
Qualifications and skills
- MSc in Computer Science or any other relevant engineering field.
- 10+ years of demonstrated track record in the design, development and implementation of complex software products.
- Experience in data analytics projects.
- Advanced technological skillset and a demonstrated history with relevant technologies, such as big data, cloud computing, AI/ML and interactive web application for data analysis.
- Strong algorithmic, programming and computational problem-solving skills.
- Good understanding of software engineering processes, procedures, methodologies and tools.
- Experience in project management.
- Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills and proven experience managing and developing technical teams.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in Spanish and English.
Salary and benefits
- Annual salary: 70.000 – 90.000 € + Company stock options.
- Long term and stable position.
- Regular performance and salary reviews.
- Nice, well-located office in the centre of Madrid.
- Flexible working hours and possibility for occasional home-office.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your CV along with a covering letter in a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Job Application 2023-02 Chief Technology Officer’.
We always reach out to all applicants, so wait for our call or e-mail over the next few days after your application is submitted.