Nommon is a research-intensive technology company that provides information, quantitative analysis and decision support tools for the transportation market and other sectors where geospatial information plays a key role. Nommon’s products are based on three main pillars: big data processing and spatio-temporal data analysis, application of predictive modelling and optimisation to decision making, and information visualisation and visual analytics. As part of our expansion plans for 2023, we are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Technologies and Software Engineering department in Madrid.
You will work alongside an international, multidisciplinary team of talented researchers, product engineers, developers and consultants to deploy Nommon’s data acquisition architecture. Responsibilities include:
- Develop, deploy, test and maintain the pipelines required for the extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Main technologies: Python, PyUnit, Pandas, Cython, Spark, Airflow, Mongo.
- Improve data reliability, efficiency and quality by developing and implementing machine learning and statistical methods.
- Main technologies: scikit-learn, Spark ML and TensorFlow.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, re-designing architecture for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to assist them with data-related technical issues.
- Contribute to the definition of innovative products, services and business models.
Qualifications and skills
- MSc in Computer Science or any other relevant engineering field.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Java, C/C++.
- Experience with one or more of the following big data frameworks: Spark, Hadoop, Kafka.
- Experience in data modelling, scalable ELT/ETL development, data lakes and data warehousing.
- Strong algorithmic, programming and computational problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies, concepts, and approaches.
- Ability to speak, understand and write Spanish and English.
Nice to have, but not indispensable:
- Experience/knowledge in data pipeline and workflow management tools (e.g., Luigi, Airflow, Azkaban).
- Experience/knowledge in machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Experience/knowledge in relational and No-SQL databases and data warehousing, including Postgres and Mongo.
- Experience/knowledge with BI tools (e.g., Tableau, Qlik, Power BI).
- Experience/knowledge in AWS or GCP and/or on-premise computing environments, storage and networking.
Salary and benefits
- Annual salary: 31,500 – 40,000 €.
- Long term and stable position.
- Regular performance and salary reviews.
- Nice, well-located office in the centre of Madrid.
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work remotely up to 2 days per week.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your CV and a copy of your academic transcript along with a covering letter in a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Job Application 2023-06 Data Engineer’.
We always reach out to all applicants, so wait for our call or e-mail over the next few days after your application is submitted.