Nommon is a research-intensive technology company specialised in the provision of information products and decision support tools for the transport and mobility industry based on big data and artificial intelligence. R&D activities are extremely important for Nommon as a source of knowledge, understanding of market opportunities, and ideas for innovative products and services. Nommon’s research agenda encompasses three main threads:
- Big data processing and spatio-temporal data analysis.
- Application of predictive modelling and optimisation to decision making.
- Information visualisation and visual analytics.
As part of our expansion plans for 2023, we are looking for a Data Scientist (0-5 years of experience) to join our R&D Department in Madrid. Our R&D Department works closely with our business units in a cross-cutting role, developing new concepts and technological solutions and ensuring knowledge sharing within the company.
You will work alongside an international, multidisciplinary team of talented researchers, product engineers and developers to design and implement innovative data analytics solutions and bring them to the market. Responsibilities include:
- Develop new methods, algorithms and tools for the integration, analysis and visualisation of spatio-temporal data originated from multiple distributed sources.
- Develop predictive models based on artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Support Nommon’s business units in the definition and development of innovative products and services.
- Produce research papers and present Nommon’s research work at scientific conferences and internal seminars.
Qualifications and skills
- MSc/PhD in a relevant scientific field, such as Engineering, Mathematics or Physics.
- Outstanding academic record.
- Strong mathematical and statistical background.
- Strong algorithmic, programming and computational problem solving skills.
- Marked taste for interdisciplinary work at the intersection of engineering and the social sciences.
- Excellent English and Spanish oral and written communication skills.
Nice to have, but not indispensable:
- Experience/knowledge in geospatial data analysis
- Experience/knowledge in machine learning.
- Experience/knowledge in optimisation and operational research.
- Experience/knowledge in development and/or use of computational simulation tools.
- Experience/knowledge in programming in Python, C, C++, or Java.
Salary and benefits
- Annual salary: 30.000 – 42.000 €.
- Long term and stable position.
- Regular performance and salary reviews.
- Nice, well-located office in the centre of Madrid.
- Flexible working hours and possibility for occasional home-office.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your CV and a copy of your academic transcript along with a covering letter in a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Job Application 2022-09 R&D Data Scientist’.
We always reach out to all applicants, so wait for our call or e-mail over the next few days after your application is submitted.