Nommon is a research-intensive technology company that provides information, quantitative analysis and decision support tools for the transportation market and other sectors where geospatial information plays a key role. Nommon’s commercial operations are organised into four business units:
- Mobility Analytics, which analyses anonymised geolocation data from mobile devices to provide actionable information on people’s activity and mobility patterns.
- Transport & Mobility, which specialises in data-driven transport modelling and simulation.
- Aviation, which provides products and services for the planning and management of airports, airlines and air traffic management systems.
- Analytics Accelerator, which explores and develops opportunities in other verticals such as smart cities & urban planning, retail & geomarketing, and energy & environment.
As part of our expansion plans for 2022, we are looking for two DevOps Engineers to join our Technologies and Software Engineering department in Madrid.
You will work alongside an international, multidisciplinary team of talented researchers, product engineers, developers and consultants to build and set up new data analytics tools. Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with business units to achieve reliable and scalable solutions, automating workflows and integrating them into Nommon’s systems.
- Main technologies: Python, Docker, Kubernetes, shell scripting and REST.
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation.
- Main technologies: Python, Eclipse, SVN, Jenkins, UML and design patterns.
- Setting up tools and required infrastructure: computing, storage and network systems.
- Main technologies: AWS, Ansible, Linux, monitoring and benchmarking tools.
- Lead the technical support, troubleshooting and fixing the system’s issues.
Qualifications and skills
- MSc in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Java, C/C++.
- Solid knowledge of Linux and Windows administration and shell scripting.
- Understanding of modern web architectures, distributed systems, data processing and storage solutions.
- Excellent English and Spanish oral and written communication skills.
Nice to have, but not indispensable:
- Experience/knowledge in setting up and maintaining cloud computing environments.
- Experience/knowledge in system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery.
- Experience/knowledge in continuous integration and configuration management tools.
- Experience/knowledge in PostgreSQL or Mongo database administration.
- Experience/knowledge in the design, implementation and optimisation of data processing using Spark or Hadoop.
Salary and benefits
- Annual salary: 25.000- 45.000 €.
- Long term and stable position.
- Regular performance and salary reviews.
- Nice, well-located office in the centre of Madrid.
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work remotely up to 2 days per week.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your CV and a copy of your academic transcript along with a covering letter in a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Job Application 2021-10 DevOps Engineer’.
We always reach out to all applicants, so wait for our call or e-mail over the next few days after your application is submitted.