As part of our expansion plans for 2021, we are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our Technologies and Software Engineering department in Madrid.
Context and background
Nommon is a research-intensive technology company that provides information, quantitative analysis and decision support tools for the transportation market and other sectors where geospatial information plays a key role. Nommon’s commercial operations are organised into four business units:
- Mobility Analytics, which analyses anonymised geolocation data from mobile devices to provide actionable information on people’s activity and mobility patterns.
- Transport & Mobility, which specialises in data-driven transport modelling and simulation.
- Aviation, which provides products and services for the planning and management of airports, airlines and air traffic management systems.
- Analytics Accelerator, which explores and develops opportunities in other verticals such as smart cities & urban planning, retail & geomarketing, and energy & environment.
You will work alongside an international, multidisciplinary team of talented researchers, product engineers, developers and consultants to create innovative web applications for a variety of R&D projects. Responsibilities include:
- Design and code interactive web applications for the operation of a wide range of AI models.
- Main technologies: Django, Postgres, Angular and Bootstrap.
- Design and code visualisation tools for the representation of key metrics and meaningful insights.
- Main technologies: Dash, Plotly, and D3.js.
- Contribute to the every stage of the software life-cycle: requirements management, design, coding, testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Main tools: Visual Paradigm, UML, software design patterns, Eclipse, SVN and Jenkins.
- Explore new technologies and novel approaches to continuously improve the web development know-how.
- Contribute to the definition of innovative products, services and business models.
Qualifications and skills
- MSc in Computer Science or any other relevant engineering field.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Java, C/C++.
- Good understanding of software engineering processes, procedures, methodologies and tools.
- Ability to understand, write and speak Spanish and English.
Nice to have, but not indispensable:
- Experience/knowledge in backend development using Django framework.
- Experience/knowledge in data visualisation frameworks such as Dash or Plotly.
- Experience/knowledge in relational and No-SQL databases and data warehousing.
- Experience/knowledge in Big Data frameworks such as Spark or Hadoop.
- Experience/knowledge in Linux server administration.
Salary and benefits
- Annual salary: 35.000 – 45.000 €.
- Long term and stable position.
- Regular performance and salary reviews.
- Nice, well-located office in the centre of Madrid.
- Flexible working hours and possibility for occasional home-office.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your CV and a copy of your academic transcript along with a covering letter in a single document to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Job Application 2021-03 Full Stack Developer’.
We always reach out to all applicants, so wait for our call or e-mail over the next few days after your application is submitted.