The planning and management of different infrastructures and services requires accurate, reliable and updated information about the presence and mobility patterns of the population. In recent years, the pervasive use of geolocated devices in our daily activities has enabled new forms of collecting this information. The abundance of data opens exciting opportunities, but it also requires the development of advanced methods and algorithms for the analysis and fusion of heterogeneous data sources, including data from mobile network operators, GPS traces, ticketing systems and traffic counts.
Over the past decade, Nommon has been a pioneer in the application of big data to population behaviour analysis. Since its creation in 2015, our Mobility Analytics business unit has developed a variety of cutting-edge solutions that mine and analyse anonymised geolocation data from mobile devices and blend them with other data provided by our clients or available from public databases to provide high-quality trip matrices, dynamic population maps and other indicators relevant for a variety of industries, such as transport, retail, tourism and real estate. An ambitious research and development strategy has put Nommon at the forefront of innovation in the mobility and population analytics market and has led to continuous growth. As part of our expansion plan for 2022, we are looking for a recent graduate (0-5 years of experience) to join our Mobility Analytics business unit as Mobility Analytics Data Scientist.
You will work alongside an international, multidisciplinary team of talented researchers, product engineers and developers to deliver solutions for a large variety of clients from all over the world. Responsibilities include:
- lead and implement analytics projects based on our solution portfolio;
- assess and integrate client feedback and explore new technologies, approaches and algorithms to continuously improve our products and services;
- develop Nommon Mobility Analytics software products, contributing to every stage of the software life‑cycle.
Qualifications and skills
- MSc/PhD in a relevant scientific field, such as Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or Physics.
- Outstanding academic record.
- Strong mathematical and statistical background and excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Experience/knowledge in mathematical programming and data analytics.
- Excellent English and Spanish oral and written communication skills.
Nice to have, but not indispensable:
- Experience/knowledge in software engineering processes, procedures, methodologies and tools.
- Experience/knowledge in the use of new data sources (e.g., mobile network data, GPS tracks, Bluetooth, public transport smart card, etc.) for the analysis of population activity and mobility patterns.
- Good command of Portuguese.
- Experience in transport planning and/or traffic management projects.
Salary and benefits
- Annual salary: 30.000 – 40.000 €.
- Long term and stable position.
- Regular performance and salary reviews.
- Nice, well-located office in the centre of Madrid.
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work remotely up to 2 days per week.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your CV and a copy of your academic transcript along with a covering letter in a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Job Application 2022-11 Mobility Analytics Data Scientist’.
We always reach out to all applicants, so wait for our call or e-mail over the next few days after your application is submitted.