The planning and management of transport infrastructure and services requires accurate, reliable and updated travel demand information. In recent years, the pervasive use of geolocated devices in our daily activities has enabled new forms of collecting mobility information. The abundance of data opens exciting opportunities, but it also requires the development of advanced methods and algorithms for the analysis and fusion of heterogeneous data sources, including data from mobile network operators, GPS traces, ticketing systems and traffic counts.
Over the past decade, Nommon has been a pioneer in the application of big data to travel behaviour analysis. Since its creation in 2015, our Mobility Analytics business unit has developed a cutting-edge platform that mines and analyses anonymised mobile network data and blend them with other data provided by our clients or available from public databases to provide high-quality origin-destination matrices and other mobility indicators. An ambitious research and development strategy has put Nommon at the forefront of innovation in the mobility analytics market and has led to continuous growth. As part of our expansion plan for 2021-2022, we are looking for a recent graduate (0-5 years of experience) to join our Mobility Analytics business unit as Product Engineer & Data Scientist.
You will work alongside an international, multidisciplinary team of talented researchers, product engineers, developers and consultants to develop innovative data analytics solutions for the analysis of mobility and travel demand. Responsibilities include:
- Explore new technologies, approaches and algorithms to continuously improve our products and services.
- Develop Nommon Mobility Analytics software products, contributing to every stage of the software life‑cycle: requirements management, design, coding, verification, validation, deployment and maintenance.
- Assess and integrate client feedback and implement mechanisms for continuous product improvement.
- Provide Mobility Analytics consultants with technical support for project execution.
Qualifications and skills
- MSc/PhD in a relevant scientific field; joint degrees in Mathematics and Computer Science will be particularly well received.
- Outstanding academic record.
- Strong mathematical and statistical background and excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Strong algorithmic, programming and computational problem-solving skills.
- Excellent English and Spanish oral and written communication skills.
Nice to have, but not indispensable:
- Experience/knowledge in software engineering processes, procedures, methodologies and tools.
- Experience/knowledge in the use of new data sources (e.g., mobile phone records, GPS tracks, Bluetooth, public transport smart card, etc.) for the analysis of population activity and mobility patterns.
Salary and benefits
- Annual salary: 30,000 – 40,000 €.
- Long term and stable position.
- Regular performance and salary reviews.
- Nice, well-located office in the centre of Madrid.
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work remotely up to 2 days per week.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your CV and a copy of your academic transcript along with a covering letter in a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Job Application 2021-07 Mobility Analytics Product Engineer’.
We always reach out to all applicants, so wait for our call or e-mail over the next few days after your application is submitted.