Nommon is a research-intensive technology company that provides information, quantitative analysis and decision support tools for the transportation market and other sectors where geospatial information plays a key role. Nommon’s commercial operations are organised into four business units:
- Mobility Analytics, which analyses anonymised geolocation data from mobile devices to provide actionable information on people’s activity and mobility patterns.
- Transport & Mobility, which specialises in data-driven transport modelling and simulation.
- Aviation, which provides products and services for the planning and management of airports, airlines and air traffic management systems.
- Analytics Accelerator, which explores and develops opportunities in other verticals such as smart cities & urban planning, retail & geomarketing, and energy & environment.
As part of our expansion plans, we are looking for a Transport & Mobility Senior Consultant to join our Transport & Mobility business unit in Madrid.
The candidate will lead a multidisciplinary team working in a variety of R&D and consulting projects in the field of transport modelling. His/her main responsibilities will include:
- Develop and lead a world-class team with advanced transport modelling capabilities.
- Support the design and execution of a strategy that drives substantial growth from new clients.
- Lead the definition of innovative products, services, and business models.
- Develop compelling business cases and contribute to the preparation of tenders and research
- Coordinate the execution of R&D and consulting project.
- Develop strategic partnerships with academic and industry stakeholders.
Qualifications and skills
- MSc/PhD in a relevant scientific field, preferably with a background in transport engineering.
- Excellent understanding of concepts, principles and theories of transport and traffic modelling.
- Strong analytical and mathematical background.
- Proven track record at technical management level.
- Experience in leading technological R&D and/or consulting projects.
- Experience in mentoring and developing junior engineers and researchers.
- Excellent English and Spanish oral and written communication skills.
Nice to have, but not indispensable:
- Experience/knowledge in at least one transport simulation software package (e.g., VISUM, Aimsun).
- Experience/knowledge in the development of activity-based travel demand models.
- Experience/knowledge in the use of new data sources (e.g., mobile phone records, GPS tracks, Bluetooth, public transport smart card, etc.) for the analysis of mobility and travel demand.
- Experience/knowledge in software engineering processes, procedures, methodologies and tools.
Salary and benefits
- Annual salary: 45,000 – 60,000 €.
- Long term and stable position.
- Regular performance and salary reviews.
- Nice, well-located office in the centre of Madrid.
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work remotely up to 2 days per week.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your CV and a copy of your academic transcript along with a covering letter in a single document to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Job Application 2021-08 Transport & Mobility Senior Consultant’.
We always reach out to all applicants, so wait for our call or e-mail over the next few days after your application is submitted.