The planning and management of public transport services requires accurate, reliable and updated travel demand information. In recent years, the pervasive use of geolocated devices in our daily activities has enabled new forms of analysing the behaviour of public transport users. The abundance of data opens exciting opportunities, but it also requires the development of advanced methods and algorithms for the analysis and fusion of heterogeneous data sources, including data from smart ticketing systems, vehicle location systems and onboard sensors.
Over the past decade, Nommon has been a pioneer in the application of big data to travel behaviour analysis. Since its creation in 2015, our Mobility Analytics business unit has developed a variety of cutting-edge solutions that mine and analyse anonymised geolocation data from mobile devices and blend them with other data provided by our clients or available from public databases to provide high-quality origin-destination matrices and other mobility indicators. An ambitious research and development strategy has put Nommon at the forefront of innovation in the mobility analytics market and has led to continuous growth. As part of this effort, we have developed a proprietary solution that integrates data from smart payment systems, vehicle location systems and automatic passenger counters to provide accurate information on the usage of public transport services. In this context, we are now looking for a Product Manager (+3 years of experience) to lead the development and evolution of our public transport analytics product suite.
You will work alongside an international, multidisciplinary team of talented researchers, product engineers, developers and consultants to develop innovative data analytics solutions for transport planning authorities and public transport operators. Responsibilities include:
- Define and lead the overall product vision, scope and requirements.
- Develop new methods, algorithms and tools for the integration, analysis and visualisation of public transport supply and demand data, in close collaboration with Nommon’s R&D and IT Departments.
- Assess and integrate client feedback and implement mechanisms for continuous product improvement.
- Support the Sales and Business development team in the preparation of tenders and research proposals.
- Provide consultants with technical support.
Qualifications and skills
- MSc/PhD in a relevant engineering field.
- Experience in developing and delivering complex software products.
- Strong mathematical and statistical background.
- Strong algorithmic, programming and computational problem solving skills.
- Good understanding of software engineering processes, procedures, methodologies and tools.
- Excellent English and Spanish oral and written communication skills.
Nice to have, but not indispensable
- Experience/knowledge in public transport planning and operations.
- Experience/knowledge in the use of new data sources (e.g., mobile phone records, GPS tracks, Bluetooth, public transport smart card, etc.) for the analysis of travel demand.
- Experience/knowledge in data visualisation.
Salary and benefits
- Annual salary: 32.000 – 48.000 €.
- Long term and stable position.
- Regular performance and salary reviews.
- Nice, well-located office in the centre of Madrid.
- Flexible working hours and possibility for occasional home-office.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your CV along with a covering letter in a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Job Application 2020-09 Mobility Analytics Product Manager.
We always reach out to all applicants, so wait for our call or e-mail over the next few days after your application is submitted.