Nommon is a research-intensive technology company that provides information, quantitative analysis and decision support tools for the transportation market and other sectors where geospatial information plays a key role. Nommon’s commercial operations are organised into four business units:
- Mobility Analytics, which analyses anonymised geolocation data from mobile devices to provide actionable information on people’s activity and mobility patterns.
- Transport & Mobility, which specialises in data-driven transport modelling and simulation.
- Aviation, which provides products and services for the planning and management of airports, airlines and air traffic management systems.
- Analytics Accelerator, which explores and develops opportunities in other verticals such as smart cities & urban planning, retail & geomarketing, and energy & environment.
R&D activities are extremely important for Nommon as a source of knowledge, understanding of market opportunities, and ideas for innovative products and services. Nommon’s research agenda encompasses three main threads:
- Big data processing and spatio-temporal data analysis.
- Complex systems modelling and data-driven simulation.
- Information visualisation and visual analytics.
Our R&D Department works closely with our business units in a cross-cutting role, developing new concepts and technological solutions and ensuring knowledge sharing within the company. As part of our expansion plans for 2021, we are looking for a Data Scientist (0-5 years of experience) to join our R&D Department in Madrid.
You will work alongside an international, multidisciplinary team of talented researchers, product engineers, developers and consultants to develop innovative data analytics solutions and bring them to the market. Responsibilities include:
- Develop new methods, algorithms and tools for the integration, analysis and visualisation of spatio-temporal data originated from multiple distributed sources.
- Develop predictive models based on artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Support Nommon’s business units in the definition and development of innovative products and services.
- Produce research papers and present Nommon’s research work at scientific conferences and internal seminars.
Qualifications and skills
- MSc/PhD in a relevant scientific field, such as Engineering, Mathematics or Physics.
- Outstanding academic record.
- Strong mathematical and statistical background.
- Strong algorithmic, programming and computational problem solving skills.
- Marked taste for interdisciplinary work at the intersection of engineering and the social sciences.
- Excellent English and Spanish oral and written communication skills.
Nice to have, but not indispensable
- Experience/knowledge in geospatial data analysis
- Experience/knowledge in machine learning.
- Experience/knowledge in optimisation and operational research.
- Experience/knowledge in development and/or use of computational simulation tools.
- Experience/knowledge in programming in C, C++, Python, R, Matlab or Java.
Salary and benefits
- Annual salary: 32.000 – 42.000 €.
- Long term and stable position.
- Regular performance and salary reviews.
- Nice, well-located office in the centre of Madrid.
- Flexible working hours and possibility for occasional home-office.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your CV and a copy of your academic transcript along with a covering letter in a single document to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Job Application 2020-10 R&D Data Scientist’.
We always reach out to all applicants, so wait for our call or e-mail over the next few days after your application is submitted.