Nommon is a research-intensive technology company that provides information, quantitative analysis and decision support tools for the transportation market and other sectors where geospatial information plays a key role. Nommon’s commercial operations are organised into four business units:
- Mobility Analytics, which analyses anonymised geolocation data from mobile devices to provide actionable information on people’s activity and mobility patterns.
- Transport & Mobility, which specialises in data-driven transport modelling and simulation.
- Aviation, which provides products and services for the planning and management of airports, airlines and air traffic management systems.
- Analytics Accelerator, which explores and develops opportunities in other verticals such as smart cities & urban planning, retail & geomarketing, and energy & environment.
As part of our expansion plans for 2021, we are looking for a Software Engineer (at least 4 years’ experience) to join our Technologies and Software Engineering department in Madrid.
You will work alongside an international, multidisciplinary team of talented researchers, product engineers, developers and consultants to implement innovative data analysis software for our Mobility Analytics business unit. Responsibilities include:
- Develop and test methods, algorithms and tools for the integration, management and analysis of data originated from multiple distributed sources.
- Main technologies: Python, PyUnit, Pandas, Cython, Spark and Mongo.
- Contribute to every stage of the software life-cycle: requirements management, design, coding, testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Main technologies: Visual Paradigm, UML, software design patterns, Eclipse, SVN and Jenkins.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of software engineering processes and methodologies.
- Contribute to the definition of innovative products, services and business models.
Qualifications and skills
- MSc in Computer Science or any other relevant engineering field.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Java, C/C++.
- Strong algorithmic, programming and computational problem-solving skills.
- Good understanding of software engineering processes, procedures, methodologies and tools.
- Ability to speak, understand and write Spanish and English.
Nice to have, but not indispensable
- Experience/knowledge in the design, implementation and optimisation of data processing solutions using Big Data frameworks such as Spark or Hadoop.
- Experience/knowledge in web application development using technologies such as Django and Angular.
- Experience/knowledge in relational and No-SQL databases and data warehousing.
- Experience/knowledge in application server administration, computing environments, storage and networking.
Salary and benefits
- Annual salary: 36.000 – 52.000 €.
- Long term and stable position.
- Regular performance and salary reviews.
- Nice, well-located office in the centre of Madrid.
- Flexible working hours and possibility for occasional home-office.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your CV and a copy of your academic transcript along with a covering letter in a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Job Application 2021-01 Software Engineer’.
We always reach out to all applicants, so wait for our call or e-mail over the next few days after your application is submitted.