As part of our expansion plans for 2021, we are looking for a Systems Administrator to join our Technologies and Software Engineering department in Madrid.
Context and background
Nommon is a research-intensive technology company that provides information, quantitative analysis and decision support tools for the transportation market and other sectors where geospatial information plays a key role. Nommon’s commercial operations are organised into four business units:
- Mobility Analytics, which analyses anonymised geolocation data from mobile devices to provide actionable information on people’s activity and mobility patterns.
- Transport & Mobility, which specialises in data-driven transport modelling and simulation.
- Aviation, which provides products and services for the planning and management of airports, airlines and air traffic management systems.
- Analytics Accelerator, which explores and develops opportunities in other verticals such as smart cities & urban planning, retail & geomarketing, and energy & environment.
You will work alongside an international, multidisciplinary team of talented researchers, product engineers, developers and consultants to maintain and develop the technical infrastructure of the company. Responsibilities include:
- Install and configure software on Windows and Linux platforms.
- Support and maintain private and public cloud deployments on AWS, GCP, and other IaaS platforms.
- Manage, deploy and configure hardware upgrades, software updates, security patches and other necessary items on an as-needed basis.
- Perform daily system monitoring and backup procedures to ensure data security, availability and integrity of required resources.
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support, making sure incidences are resolved in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the development of the technological infrastructure roadmap of the company.
Qualifications and skills
- Vocational Education and Training in administration of computer systems or equivalent.
- Solid knowledge of Windows and Linux administration and shell scripting.
- Knowledge in configuration and monitoring of network devices, switches, routers, firewalls and VPN services.
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery.
- Ability to speak, understand and write Spanish and English.
Nice to have, but not indispensable:
- Experience/knowledge in one of the following programming languages: Python, Java, C/C++.
- Experience/knowledge in PostgreSQL or Mongo database administration.
- Experience/knowledge in setting up and maintaining cloud computing environments.
- Experience/knowledge in storage and backup administration.
Salary and benefits
- Annual salary: 25.000 – 35.000 €.
- Long term and stable position.
- Regular performance and salary reviews.
- Nice, well-located office in the centre of Madrid.
- Flexible working hours and possibility for occasional home-office.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your CV and a copy of your academic transcript along with a covering letter in a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Job Application 2021-02 Systems Administrator’.
We always reach out to all applicants, so wait for our call or e-mail over the next few days after your application is submitted.