Transport & Mobility Analytics Consultant
- Job ID: 2023-14
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Job Type: Full Time
Over the past decade, Nommon has been a pioneer in the application of big data to the analysis of travel demand. Our Mobility Insights solution processes and analyses anonymised mobile network data and other geolocation data from mobile devices to provide high-quality mobility indicators (e.g., origin-destination matrices). An ambitious research and development strategy has put Nommon at the forefront of innovation in the mobility analytics market and has led to continuous growth.
We are looking for a Transport & Mobility Analytics consultant (0-5 years of experience) to join our Mobility Analytics department in Madrid, to deploy our industry-leading analytics solutions for a variety of clients (transport authorities, transport operators and concessionaires, transport consultants, etc.) in different geographical markets, including Spain, UK, Brazil, Mexico and Colombia, among others.
The candidate will work alongside a multidisciplinary team to deliver projects for our clients. Responsibilities include:
- Lead and implement transport planning and traffic engineering projects based on our solution portfolio.
- Collaborate with the product development team in the continuous improvement of Nommon’s Mobility Insights solution, by assessing client feedback and deriving recommendations and lessons learnt.
- Supporting business development activities (e.g., proposal writing).
Qualifications and skills
- MSc/PhD in a relevant scientific field (Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, etc.), preferably with background in Transport Engineering.
- Outstanding academic record.
- Basic knowledge of concepts, principles and theories of transport planning and modelling.
- Strong mathematical and statistical background.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Excellent English and Spanish oral and written communication skills.
Nice to have, but not indispensable:
- Experience in transport planning and/or traffic management projects.
- Experience/knowledge in transport simulation software packages (e.g., VISUM, Aimsun, TransCAD, CUBE, etc.).
- Experience/knowledge in the use of new data sources (e.g., mobile network data, GPS tracks, Bluetooth, public transport smart card, etc.) for the analysis of mobility and transport demand.
- Good command of Portuguese.
- Experience/knowledge in mathematical programming and data analytics.
- Experience/knowledge in data visualisation.
Salary and benefits
- Annual salary: 32.000 – 42.500 €.
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work remotely up to 2 days per week.
- Nice, well-located office in the centre of Madrid.
- Long term and stable position.
- Regular performance and salary reviews.
How to apply
We always reach out to all applicants, so wait for our call or e-mail over the next few days after your application is submitted.