WiseRide is a decision support platform for the planning and operation of shared mobility services. WiseRide relies on machine learning models fed by a variety of mobility and contextual data to provide accurate forecasts of shared mobility demand. These models are integrated with an optimisation engine that enables operators and cities to account for demand behaviour when designing, implementing, and operating efficient and sustainable shared mobility systems.
- Monitoring of shared mobility services: service usage, demand profile, modal share, mode substitution patterns, use of public space, environmental impact, etc.
- Demand forecasting: prediction of demand behaviour and shared mobility modal share under future scenarios, including new deployments and expansion of existing systems.
- Service optimisation according to the objective function selected by the user (e.g., maximise service profitability, increase vehicle availability, minimise GHG and pollutant emissions).
- What-if analyses supported by a user-friendly interactive dashboard.
“The financial viability of shared mobility services depends on their ability to attract and satisfy demand while minimising operational costs; in parallel, cities face the challenge of developing policies and regulations that maximise the benefits of these new services while preventing undesired effects, like the abandonment of public transport. None of these goals can be met without the ability to understand, predict and steer user behaviour. WiseRide is the result of an intense research effort conducted alongside cities and shared mobility operators to address this pressing need.”
WiseRide Product Manager at Nommon
Shared mobility operators
WiseRide helps assess and design new deployments and investments and to optimise the operation of existing systems: area of operation, station location, fleet size, pricing policies, vehicle maintenance, battery charging/replacement, and vehicle repositioning/rebalancing strategies.
WiseRide enables the monitoring of existing systems and their contribution to sustainable mobility, as well as to design policies and regulations that maximise the benefits of shared mobility (e.g., what should be the area of operation of a new service to ensure complementarity with public transport and avoid modal shift from more sustainable modes?).
- Move from trial-and-error to evidence-based decisions thanks to accurate demand forecasting enabled by high-quality mobility data and state-of-the-art demand modelling approaches.
- Ensure the financial viability of shared mobility services by optimising the use of resources according to the expected demand.
- Unlock the social and environmental benefits of shared mobility by realising the synergies with public transport and maximising the shift from private cars to more sustainable modes.
What we deliver (and how)
- WiseRide is provided as a SaaS solution.
- An interactive user interface enables the exploration and graphical representation of results and the automatic generation of customised reports.
- Results can be accessed and easily integrated with other systems through Nommon WiseRide API.