WisePax provides accurate, up-to-date information on passenger flows, passenger profiles and travel behaviour. The use of anonymised mobile location data and its fusion with a variety of other sources (e.g., flight data, ticketing data, passenger surveys, boarding card reader data) enables the analysis of the door-to-door passenger journey with an unprecedented level of detail, providing key insights for route development, airport access planning, passenger flow management, and non-aeronautical revenue maximisation.
- Monitoring of actual and latent demand, including passengers using competing airports and alternative transport modes (e.g., high-speed rail).
- Detailed characterisation of the passenger journey: origin, destination, door-to-door travel time, trip purpose.
- Passenger profiling: age, gender, income level, place of residence.
- Analysis of passenger access behaviour: time of departure, time of arrival at the airport, surface access mode, use of parking facilities.
- Analysis of passenger behaviour inside the terminal: time of arrival at the airport, arrival at security, time spent in the shopping area.
“Many airports have recently embraced big data analytics to understand passenger behaviour. What makes WisePax different from other passenger intelligence solutions is its ability to monitor door-to-door travel. Thanks to the use of anonymised mobile location data and Nommon’s widely recognised mobility analytics technology, WisePax not only provides an integrated, consistent view of ground access behaviour and passenger itinerary within the airport terminal, but also helps airports identify and attract uncaptured demand.”
Aviation Director at Nommon
Market analysis and route development
Identification of new routes and analysis of connection opportunities.
Accessibility and intermodality studies
Improvement of airport ground access and development of intermodal solutions.
Resource planning and management
Identification of bottlenecks and demand-based resource allocation.
Optimisation of non-aeronautical revenues
Smart parking pricing, management of retail spaces, targeted advertising.
- Attraction of new routes.
- Increase of airport catchment area.
- Reduction of the environmental impact of airport surface access.
- Reduction of operational costs.
- Improvement of passenger experience.
- Increase of non-aeronautical revenue.
What we deliver (and how)
- WisePax is provided as a SaaS solution.
- An interactive user interface enables the exploration and graphical representation of results and the automatic generation of customised reports.
- WisePax can be easily integrated with other airport systems through Nommon WisePax API.