Transport Data Scientist & Operations Research Engineer
- Job ID: 2023-01
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Job Type: Full time
Nommon’s Transport Systems business unit focuses on the development of decision support solutions for the transport sector based on non-conventional data sources and innovative modelling approaches. One of the products commercialised by Nommon Transport Systems is WiseTransit. WiseTransit integrates high resolution mobility data with cutting edge machine learning and optimisation techniques to provide public transport operators and authorities with accurate forecasts of passenger flows and help them optimise their service in response to the expected travel demand. To lead the development of WiseTransit, from product conception through technical implementation and development, we are looking for a Transport Data Scientist & Operations Research Engineer with an analytical mind, passionate about public transport and the applications of mathematical techniques to the modelization and optimisation of real systems.
You will work alongside an international, multidisciplinary team of talented researchers, product engineers and developers to design, develop and implement innovative software products for the public transport industry. Responsibilities include:
- Define the overall product vision and value proposition.
- Define and maintain the product development roadmap.
- Contribute to all stages of the product life-cycle: product definition, requirement management, design, coding, testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Investigate and implement innovative predictive models and optimisation approaches for the planning and management of public transport services.
- Assess and integrate client feedback and implement mechanisms for continuous product improvement.
- Act as a subject matter expert for internal and external stakeholders.
- Support Nommon’s Business Development and R&D teams in the preparation of tenders and research proposals.
Qualifications and skills
- MSc/PhD in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or any other relevant scientific/technical discipline.
- 2+ years of experience relevant to the position.
- Outstanding academic record.
- Strong mathematical and statistical background.
- Strong algorithmic, programming and computational problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, C/C++.
- Good understanding of software engineering processes, procedures, methodologies and tools.
- Excellent English and Spanish oral and written communication skills.
Nice to have, but not indispensable:
- Experience in the development of complex software products for the public transport industry.
- Experience/knowledge in transport engineering.
- Experience/knowledge in machine learning.
- Experience/knowledge in optimisation and operational research.
Salary and benefits
- Annual salary: 33.000 – 50.000 €.
- Long term and stable position.
- Regular performance and salary reviews.
- Nice, well-located office in the centre of Madrid.
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work remotely up to 2 days per week.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your CV and a copy of your academic transcript along with a covering letter in a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Job Application 2023-01 Transport Data Scientist & Operations Research Engineer’.
We always reach out to all applicants, so wait for our call or e-mail over the next few days after your application is submitted.