By partnering with mobile network operators, we collect anonymised mobile data records that are then processed and fused with other data sources to produce trip matrices and other travel demand indicators. Nommon’s technology for the processing of mobile location data is the result of an intensive research effort to meet the needs of the transport industry, and is widely recognised as one of the most advanced of its kind worldwide.
- Detailed trip characterisation: origin, destination, time of the day, duration, distance, purpose, mode, route/service, type of vehicle, frequency, etc.
- Segmentation by travellers’ sociodemografic profile: age, gender, income, place of residence, etc.
- Fully customisable study area, zoning system, study period and temporal resolution.
- Seamless integration with travel surveys, traffic counts and ticketing data.
- Fusion with traffic counts for conversion from person-trips to vehicle-trips.
- Quick access to historical and present information.
- Robust analytics technology, validated across more than 200 projects in a variety of countries.
“Nommon Mobility Insights provides transport planners, modellers and decision makers with rich information on travel demand in a fraction of the time required by traditional data collection methods. This is particularly relevant in the current fast-changing, uncertain environment, in which mobility patterns are changing at a much faster pace than we have seen in previous decades. Issues like the recurrence of trips and how often people work at a different location can now be investigated with solid and regularly collected mobility data". Luis (Pilo) Willumsen, Nommon Managing Partner.
- Transport planning: numerous transport authorities around the world use Nommon Mobility Insights to acquire an in-depth understanding of mobility patterns at local, regional or national level.
- Transport modelling: the possibility of obtaining accurate trip matrices with a high level of spatial, temporal and thematic resolution opens new opportunities for the building and calibration of large-scale transport and traffic models.
- Transport concessions: acquiring accurate travel demand data in a short period of time provides transport concessionaires with a key competitive advantage in concession bidding processes.
- High-quality trip matrices thanks to the use of large-scale, well-distributed samples of the whole population.
- Information obtained at a fraction of the cost and time required by traditional methods.
- The availability of historical and continuously updated information enables the study of specific periods (holiday periods, special events, etc.) or even the continuous monitoring of mobility patterns.
What we deliver (and how)
- Data can be accessed on demand through our API-based self-service platform or delivered through bespoke projects tailored to individual client needs.
- Data can be delivered in different formats (CSV, JSON…) according to client requirements.
- Data is made available under different schemes, from restricted-use to open data licences.
- Complementary visualisation tools and specialised consulting services to help our clients make the most of our data are available upon request (e.g., support for using the data in the development of transport models).