WiseRide is a decision support platform for the planning and operation of shared mobility services, including both station-based and free-floating systems. WiseRide relies on machine learning models fed by a variety of mobility and contextual data to provide accurate forecasts of shared mobility demand. These models are integrated with an optimisation engine and an interactive dashboard to support operators and local authorities in designing and implementing efficient and sustainable shared mobility systems.
- Monitoring of shared mobility services: appraisal of a set of customisable KPIs on service usage, demand profile, modal share, mode substitution patterns, environmental impact, and use of public space.
- Demand forecasting: prediction of demand behaviour and shared mobility modal share under different future scenarios, including new deployments and expansion of existing systems.
- Service optimisation: identification of the optimal system configuration according to the objective function selected by the user (e.g., maximise service profitability, minimise GHG and pollutant emissions).
- What-if analyses supported by a user-friendly interactive dashboard.
"The financial viability of shared mobility services depends on their ability to attract and satisfy demand while minimising operational costs; in parallel, cities face the challenge of developing policies and regulations that maximise the benefits of these new services while preventing undesired effects, like the abandonment of public transport. None of these goals can be met without the ability to understand, predict and steer user behaviour. WiseRide is the result of an intense research effort conducted alongside cities and shared mobility operators to address this pressing need.” Inés Peirats, WiseRide Product Manager at Nommon
- Shared mobility operators can use WiseRide to assess new deployments and investments (e.g., what will be the demand levels if the service is deployed in a new city?) or to optimise the design and operation of new or existing deployments: area of operation, station location, fleet size, pricing policies, vehicle maintenance and repositioning/rebalancing strategies.
- Transport planners and local authorities can use WiseRide to monitor the performance of existing systems and their contribution to sustainable mobility (e.g., what has been the net impact of a new service on total transport emissions?) as well as to design plans, policies and regulations that maximise the benefits of shared mobility and prevent potentially negative effects (e.g., what should be the area of operation of a new service to ensure complementarity with public transport and avoid modal shift from more sustainable modes?).
- Move from trial-and-error to evidence-based decisions thanks to accurate demand forecasting enabled by high-quality mobility data and state-of-the-art demand modelling approaches.
- Ensure the financial viability of shared mobility services by optimising the use of resources according to the expected demand.
- Unlock the social and environmental benefits of shared mobility by realising the synergies with public transport and maximising the shift from private cars to more sustainable modes.
What we deliver (and how)
- WiseRide is provided as a SaaS solution.
- An interactive user interface enables the exploration and graphical representation of results and the automatic generation of customised reports.
- Results can be accessed and easily integrated with other systems through Nommon WiseRide API.